Saturday, September 28, 2013

Birth Story

On Monday, September 23, I started having contractions that would get up to five minutes apart for an hour or so, and then slowly go away.  This pattern of getting contractions that would get harder and be five minutes apart and then taper off lasted for several days.  On Thursday at my appointment with the doctor, I was measuring 3 cm dilated, and my doctor said he was pretty confident that Mia would come within the next couple of days.  On Friday night, my contractions got even more intense and were five minutes apart for about five hours, so Chris and I decided to go to the hospital.  When we got there, I was still only 3 cm dilated, so we got sent home at about 11:00 pm.  We got in bed and tried to sleep, but the contractions kept coming, now two minutes apart, and were getting quite a bit more intense.  I got up and tried distracting myself by cleaning up around the house and watching a movie.  At about 4:30 am, we left for the hospital again.  This time I was 5 cm dilated, so they sent us to the delivery room.  At 3:05 pm on Saturday, September 28, Mia was born! There's nothing like the feeling of seeing and holding our precious baby for the first time.




Mia was 7 lbs 6 oz and 20 inches long.  Her sweet little round, squishy face totally melted our hearts.


 Daddy's little snuggle buddy

So round :)


All bundled up and ready to go home



so precious…

LOVE!


Mia's first bath :)

1 comment:

  1. She is the most beautiful little girly! I'm missing her cheeks like crazy... Hope we can come see you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete