Monday, December 11, 2017

Mia and Rhett were both fighting some coughs the week of Thanksgiving. Rhett was hit with croup the day after his birthday (thank goodness, at least he could enjoy his birthday.) It's so sad when babies aren't feeling good, but we got the sweetest snuggles.




Rhett at the worst :( So sad… but I haven't been snuggled by him like this since I can't remember when. I have to look for a silver lining I guess. One night he woke up around 11:00 and we brought him in our bed and he slept with us until about 1:00 am when he woke back up so I took him to his bed. He slept with his head right on my chest and it was the sweetest thing ever!



He's just the sweetest boy ever!

Mia came and laid on the couch by me and was holding onto my ear. It was seriously so cute and sweet! I love her so much!

These babies were so so excited about putting up the Christmas tree :)



Mia was so excited that Rhett came and sat by her and laid his head on her shoulder. It was so precious!


I'm a total sucker for my sleeping boy…


Chris' first pheasant

Mia wanted her picture taken too :)

Mia and Lyla both dressed up as dragons while we were hanging out at Kyle and Charise's house :)





Chris banged up his toe really bad the day after Thanksgiving while playing basketball. It was just about a week later that I got the same toe bitten. It was kinda funny that Chris and I were both limping around with the exact same toe hurt.



We got our tree decorated :)


I love making gingerbread houses and I adore this darling little decorator :)


Mia's Gingerbread House :)

Courtney's, Kayla's, and mine.


 My Gingerbread House

 The kids and I were SO excited that we finally got some snow. We headed straight out to build a snowman. I love bundled up babies.




Rhett didn't help with the snowman. He just walked around laughing and saying "play!" and "eat cookies!" as he ate the snow. :)



The snow was much lighter and more sparse than I thought, so we ended up making a 'snow baby' ;)


Making a snow angel

Cracking up at me trying to explain to him how to make a snow angel :)





Playing Hide and Seek with the kids :) They think they are hilarious and SO sneaky hiding in the same spot every time.






Rhett:

When Chris is going to work, Rhett will often get really upset and cry and insist Chris hold him. He will say things like "Rhett tome work too!" or "NO! Mommy go to work." to try to stay with Chris. About as often when I am going to work he will reverse his request and say "No mommy work! Daddy go to work!" 

When we've just buckled up in the car and are getting ready to pull out, or when we have to stop at a stop light, Rhett will start yelling "GO GO GO!!!"

Whenever we are giving snacks or treats to Rhett, he will take the one we hand to him and then hold out his hand again and say "Mia one!" It's so sweet that he always thinks of his sister and makes sure she gets treats and snacks too.

A while ago one of his nursery leaders came and was telling me how Rhett is the sweetest boy ever. She said that there was a child in nursery who was really sad and crying. Rhett kept going and putting his arm around the child and patting their back. When they gave out snacks, he kept taking all of his snacks over to the sad child and giving his snacks to them. She said it was so so sweet and even more so because Rhett usually loves snack time and asks for snacks all nursery long, but he was willing to share with someone who was sad. I'm so grateful for my sweetest little boy!

Mia:

Mia ran upstairs at Grandma Donnie's house from where she and Rhett had been watching a show and started telling everyone excitedly "Rhett is just relaxing downstairs with a cute little face! He's so cute!!" 

Me: "I love you ya little blondie."
Mia: "I love you ya little brownie."
I seriously love her so much!!!

I made rolls for Thanksgiving dinner and when everyone was eating Mia ran up to me and said "MOM! Everybody LOVED your rolls!"

I was singing to Mia at bedtime and she smiled and said "That's music to my ears."

"Mom you are beauty. And dad is the charming beast!"

Mia came up and hugged me from behind and said "Mom, I love you with all my heart!" After watching this, Rhett ran over and hugged me and said "Mom. Rhett heart!" It was the literal sweetest!

Mia talking about Rhett said "He smiled and he will have a cute face just like he's daddy!"

Mia told me one day "Sweetie, one day you will be a mommy and daddy. And then you will get married. to. CHRISTOPHER!" 

Mia and Rhett had just had a little disagreement and I was trying to talk to them about working things out and treating each other nicely. They said sorry and hugged and Mia said "No matter what, I still love you Rhett." I seriously am getting teary eyed as I am reading these things and remembering them. I have the sweetest, most precious babies ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment