Thursday, April 30, 2020

Reesie K. turned two!!!! She is SO darling and we love her with our whole hearts. I made her a crepe cake with strawberries and cream for her birthday and we all loved it! She is so cute and one of my favorite things about her is that she still has some of her adorable baby fat. At her two year appointment with our doctor, she was 35th% for height and 81st% for weight! We love this little sweetie so very much!
 



There is a corona virus pandemic going on right now that is causing a lot of things the be canceled. Our state (like most states and countries) got put under quarantine while we were in St. George. Church and school is canceled for a while and most businesses are closed. We decided to do some fun quarantine hairstyles. We dyed Mia's with some pink and purple and she loved it so much! Chris shaved a batman logo and spiderman web into Rhett's hair, and he thinks it's pretty amazing :)













Easter



Mia is such a sweet big sister and has such a nurturing and caring nature. There are even times, like in these pictures, where Reese wants Mia to comfort her instead of me. I'm so grateful for their sweet little bond. I know they will be best friends forever.


Rhett drew this stunning picture of me :)


12 weeks along with our precious little baby! I always love getting to see ultrasounds. It's such a sweet time to have glimpses of our sweet baby who we love so much already, and what they are up to in there. Sweet baby kept rubbing their little face and eyes and stretching their little baby back. I love the so much already!








Because of the pandemic, and temples have been temporarily closed, so Bruce and Hannah decided that instead of waiting for the temples to open at an unknown time, they would be married civilly by my dad in a beautiful field in Morgan, and then be sealed when the temples reopen. It was so beautiful, and other than not being sealed in the temple, I was kind of jealous that they got to keep it so small and simple. So so very happy for them to finally be married! Our families watched from their cars, and Bruce and Hannah's siblings and parents stood up close.







16 weeks (4 months) along with this little teeny baby who is growing super fast! 



Reesie:

Reesie has been saying "Bad guy get me" for quite a while now. She has said it almost any time she sees a man she doesn't know. At the grocery store, on walks, in the yard, just all the time. She usually doesn't really act scared or anything, just says it matter of factly, and I usually just say, "No, that's our neighbor" or "No, no ones coming to get you, mommy is with you." Recently we hired a neighborhood boy to aerate our lawn early one morning. Reesie woke up earlier than anyone else, so I got her some breakfast, and then went to the bathroom. While I was gone, she started SCREAMING and crying like never before. When I ran to get her, she was screaming, "BAD GUY GET ME!" and freaking out about our neighbor boy in the backyard aerating our lawn. It was so sad! I took her to mine and Chris' bed and tried to comfort her in there with us. She freaked out for at least 5 more minutes and was hiding under the covers screaming and crying and wouldn't come out. She was inconsolable for a long long time. It was so so sad! I don't even remember ever telling her anything about bad guys, but I wonder if she's heard me warning the older kids about them. She must have just been really freaked out because she was by herself when she saw someone she didn't know. It was really heart breaking that she was so completely terrified.

Reese has started calling me "Brookie". It's so so cute, I don't want to teach her to stop. She always says "Brookie watch! Watch this Bookie!" I love it so much!

 Rhett:

One morning Rhett got up without me hearing and Reese must have been awake too. He went into her room, got her out of her crib, changed her poopy diaper, and fed her cookies and treats. :) I was pretty shocked to find them and hear him tell me all about it later. I was nervous when he told me he'd changed her poopy diaper, but when I went to check it out, he had really done a very surprisingly good job!

One day, Mia, Reese, Rhett, and I were all hanging out in Rhett's room. Rhett was starting to feel frustrated with his sister's, and I was trying to help him calm down. We had a conversation that went like this;
Rhett: "Ugh! I'm just so mad!"
Me: "Rhett..."
Rhett: "Ugh I don't care!"
Me: "Rhett..."
Rhett: "Ugh, fine, I care!"
He's so funny and cute :)

Mia:

I was frustrated with the kids one day, and I let out a long sigh. Mia came over to me and said, "I know it's going to be hard when I'm a mom. I know how you fell. You love them, but it's just so hard. And you're just mad at them." I couldn't help but smile and feel better. She's so very cute. 

No comments:

Post a Comment