Monday, May 30, 2016

Memorial Day Weekend

Memorial Day weekend was so full of family, food, and fun. Saturday we swam at Grandma and Grandpa Smith's. Rhett loved his first time in the water



 Mia and daddy shooting mommy and Rhett with a squirt gun



Is she real??…:)

 We went to church with the Brower's on Sunday to hear Grandma Kim give a talk in sacrament. She gave the sweetest testimony about how living the gospel blesses our families. I had to work on Saturday night, and when I got home the kids were up, so I was running on no sleep at church. After sacrament, Rhett wasn't in the mood to sit in class. He was tired and wanted to walk around in the halls :). For a minute while I was roaming the halls with my sweet baby, tired feet, back, and arms, I debated if it was even worth it to stay since I wasn't really able to listen and it would be so much easier to take Rhett home and put him to bed and hopefully catch a few minutes of sleep myself.  I thought about what sweet Grandma Kim had talked about in sacrament and decided to head to the mothers room instead. I rocked little Rhett and listened to the next ward's sacrament meeting through the intercom. Rhett fell asleep and I was able to lay him down and give my arms and back a rest. The spirit was there as I spent the sweetest hour staring at baby Rhett while he slept and being spiritually recharged. Feeling the spirit and being where the Lord wanted me to be was absolutely more rejuvenating than the hour of sleep would have been. I'm so grateful for the Gospel.



 On Monday we had a BBQ at Grandma and Grandpa Bitter's and hung out with cousins. I think Mia loves swings more than any other child I have ever met :)

 Rhett was tired and hungry, and Mia understood…:)


 We discovered Rhett looks a little bit like baby Uncle Bruce.

 And I fell more in love with this boy.


No comments:

Post a Comment